Loading....
First off, I have visited Lubnan on occasion over the last 10 years, and it has never disappointed me.

Yesterday, I visited in what was going to be longer than it actually ended up being; due to the party not showing. Unknowing of the night's disappointing outcome, I started by ordering my customary black Smirnoff, which was serviced with the standard peanuts, and vinegar and salt flavored carrot strips that were a pleasant surprise to an unsuspecting fellow.

I ordered an appetizer which really ended up being the highlight of the dining time of the night. Shanklish, Lebanese cheese (pictured above) is what I chose, the planned "Shish Kebab" never came to be. Needless to say, the cheese was flawless, and too big for an appetizer if I may. The dish is composed of about 6 triangle-shaped pita dipping chips and the Shanklish.

The cheese was delightfully creamy, yet not so much has to be a spread; it would form into some sort of little cheese balls that were extremely easy to put onto the pita chip. But it also had a sort of spicy kick that kept things moving in your mouth.The pita chips were soft, but not spoiled, and I didn't get to try the included pita bread side dish because I was saving space for the Shish Kebab. As I write this review, I'm regretting not eating the entire thing.

The waiting time for the appetizer to be served was extremely fast considering the quality of the dish; the staff was as professional as ever and the ambiance was customary hip laid back.

The restaurant is not handicapped friendly if you want to access the bar area, which is where I stayed, as you have to have to go down two steps, and at the bar, the stools are a tad tall. Also, at the back of the bar there's a wooden, Lebanese-evoking built that inside has a sofa that covers the whole area and about 6 little wooden tables; this space it not easy to go through with a walking aid either.

Lubnan is a great place that, minus accessibility issues, should not be missed if you are looking for a place to dine before clubbing.

On the side is a picture of the Shish Kebab that I never got to order taken at a previous going.

Comments/disqusion
No comments