Loading....
Today I had a night out of the ordinary: It was the first time in my life where I was invited to go out without expecting it.

 I was casually playing Firewatch when a former work mate texts wondering if I wanted to go get a beer; it was a surprising event that had never occurred to me as such, so I concurred.

The place: "Chubbs", a sport's bar near El Morazán. The uber driver was given a lesson on old school rap while on the way. ;)

The bar is located in a sketchy part of the city of San José in Costa Rica; nevertheless, that did not matter, as the place was crowded with a full bar and only a few tables available. Surprising thing for a Sunday night, but I guess not everyone has lived under a rock for the past 30 years as apparently, I have.

It is your typical sport's bar: flat screens on every corner of the place, beer towers on the tables, surprisingly good 90's rock (R.E.M), and guys trying to score some ass while girls are just keeping it cool. Nah, not true, but it ain't Cheers either.

I had a gordita to accompany my mate who had arrived before me. We caught on and I ordered a set 6 of Buffalo wings: half barbecue sauced, half honey mustard. They were regular in size,  not your monster-sized Hooligan's ones, but finally, they weren't minuscule; the barbecued ones were not red hot spicy, just a tad making them pleasant instead of inedible, as others I've had in other places I've been to. They were good for what they were: something to munch on while catching up with a buddy I hadn't seen for a few months.

The wait time for the wings to be served was surprisingly short given how crowded the place was; the bathroom area had "wild west bar doors", and the accessibility wasn't that terrible. Finally, the price for the whole unexpected surprise was a little over $15 which is not that bad.

Overall, it is a nice place to have a good time with friends after work, as I know my buddy did.

Comments/disqusion
No comments